Monday 19 September 2011

my sister's wedding: the pictures




I've been excited about sharing this post for ages but it meant having to whittle down a good few hundred gorgeous photographs into my very top picks which was no easy task. But finally, here they are. These are the official pictures from the wedding of my little sister Josephine- known to us all as Jo, to her kiwi husband Blair. The event took place on 4th June and was the reason I travelled back to the UK for a couple of months earlier this year (well that and having a baby!) They opted for a church ceremony in a beatiful, ancient little church in a nearby village where we both went to school. The afternoon and evening reception was held in the gardens and inside a marquee at my parents farm, which is where I also got married. Despite a rainy few weeks building up to it, the sun shined gloriously and it was an absolutely magical, emotional day. The bride looked stunning and I was so proud of her. Congratulations Mr and Mrs McKerchar.

These images are of the preparations on the day and the ceremony, I'll share pictures of the reception in a seperate post soon.

Our parents home- the preparation and reception venue.


I love that she wore this t-shirt during her preparations, very apt!


I made these corsages for the bridesmaids to pin in their hair.






The vintage necklace that she wore belonged to our grandmother who passed away last year.









The extremely naughty looking flower girl is Lila, sitting on the knee of bridesmaid Kate!




We made the confetti cones from rolled up sheets of old manuscripts and filled them with dried flower petals.



Photographs by Jill Thorning-Jensen.

If you missed it, I posted about the wedding invitations here and other wedding props and preparations here.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails