Saturday 3 December 2011

just a minute in ... november




This is little late seeing as it's now already December, but it's been a whirlwind of a month for us with a very exciting new development on the horizon. More on that to come in a few weeks or so. In the meantime, here's a glimpse of what's been going down here lately.

Wanting... The month to be over as soon as possible so Curt would get rid of the monstrosity growing on his face. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that he got involved and I fully support the cause of Movember, it just really creeps me out on seeing a mo on my own husband.

Wearing... My beautiful new dress from Topshop, after some deliberation over the midi length, I decided to embrace it and I really love it.

Selling... Some of my unworn clothes. Out with the old to make way for the new! We've been undertaking some pretty major clearing out around here, trying to scale down and simplify. The amount of extra possessions you accumulate when you have children verges on the insane.

Organising...and wrapping a little package of gifts to send over to the UK, the last Christmas posting dates leave you with no choice but to be super organised. At least it's one less thing to worry about during December.

Watching... Finally got to see the movie 500 Days of Summer which has been on my must watch list for about two years. Embarrassingly enough this is only because it was shown on TV but it was worth staying up to see. You can't go wrong with a bit of Zooey D.Which reminds me I really want to get the She & Him Christmas album. (She & Him is Zooey Deshanel's musical collaboration with M Ward).

Planning... Our mini getaway to the Bay of Islands (at the top of the North Island) for a few days over Christmas and then our trip over to Melbourne for New Year to see my sister and her husband and my parents who are flying over from the UK. We're staying in an awesome holiday home on the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula stretch of coast which comes complete with a tree house, pool and trampoline. Needless to say, Lila can barely contain herself.

Images above...Curt sporting his moustache......some flowers gathered on a walk.....my new dress...... His recently aquired vintage 70's surboard (the new love of his life, never mind me and the kids)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails