Sunday 25 September 2011

just a minute in....september




















A little snippet and some pictures of what's been going on in our household this month...

Watching...Well seeing as the Rugby World Cup is currently being held here in Auckland,
it's been a bit hard to miss (especially when you have a rugby crazed South African husband). He's already been to a couple of the games and is taking me along to one at the end of the month. Though I definitely can not be classed as a rugby fan, I'm looking forward to taking it all in and experiencing the awesome atmosphere.

Eating...My current favourite lunch is avo on toast with a pea, feta and mint salad. Yum. As an alternative, I've been revisiting the good old banana and peanut butter sandwich.

Enjoying...The arrival of spring (hmm, though after it rained literally non stop today I may need to retract this statement). I've been taking Rose out for long walks in the afternoons and it makes me happy that I'm still discovering new things about our neighbourhood. I came across the sweetest little cafe and some pretty boutiques just by taking a new route the other day.

Wishing...Curt hadn't put my new indigo skirt in with a wash of Lila and Rose's pale clothes. We now have a lot of pretty little pink and cream garments covered in blue splotches. Sigh.

Reading...My Mum sent over 'The Snail and The Whale' by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler for Lila which we've been enjoying. They are the creators of 'The Gruffalo' and all their children's books are great.

Buying...I know it's insanely early to even mention the word and I promise I'm not one of those weird people who puts decorations up at the start of October, but I have started to pick up a few bits and pieces for the girls Christmas stockings. Just because I usually leave it all until the last moments and bankrupt us in December so I'm trying to spread the cost this year.


Curt with our friends Sue and Ajit on their way to watch on of the South Africa rugby games.




















Lila (in the blue princess dress) at one of her 'Drama Queens' sessions.




















Little chubby blue eyed girl.




















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails