Friday 15 July 2011

just a minute in... july




Haven't done one of these posts for a while but thought it might be fun to reinstate it. So here's a snapshot of what I've been up to this past month. Accompanied by some pictures from our weekend.

Reading... The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Watching... Curt and I are quite into a cooking show they have over this side of the world called 'My Kitchen Rules'. An unfortunate choice of name but very addictive viewing, sort of a mix between 'Come Dine With Me' and 'Masterchef'. New Zealand's Next Top Model is fulfilling my quota of essential trash TV.

Listening... I'd love to be able to list some amazing new band or even just some good old indie rock 'n' roll but the sad truth of the matter is that all I seem to listen to these days is 'The Wheels on the Bus' CD that Lila insists we have on in the car EVERYWHERE we go. Obviously all that great music we played for her when she was still in the womb to refine her music tastes early on did not have the desired outcome. A very sorry state of affairs which needs to be rectified immediately.

Buying... Currently on a bit of a spending hiatus after the ridiculous amount of goods I purchased when back in the UK but I did buy a new cake tin this morning and we just bought tickets to see the Foo Fighters play in December.

Loving... Talking to baby Rose, seeing her smile and cooing back at me, family trips to the beach for long walks in the crisp Winter sunshine and epic birthday parties such as the one we attended on Saturday night.

Wanting... More hours in the day or at least a little more sleep would be great.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails