Saturday 23 July 2011

a design match made in heaven


I love the shots of these interiors, which combine the modern simplicity of white walls and furniture with pops of vibrant colour and unexpected textures within the furnishings, fabrics and other decorative elements. The wonderful, unusual light fittings in both pictures and the chair in the bedroom are amazing pieces, creating a real focal point and adding character to the room.

Something like this would be the perfect solution for my dream home- merging together the minimalist, clean and simple design preferences of my husband and at the other end of the spectrum, my love of all things colourful, shiny, patterened and vintage-esque. I certainly need to add these to my scrapbook for future reference, though we may need to trade out the pristine white sofa as it certainly wouldn't stay that way for long with the grubby little fingers around here!

Images photographed by Rachel Whiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pink, gold & white = sublime!

Related Posts with Thumbnails