Friday 18 March 2011

my sister's wedding: beautiful bits & pieces


Here are some gorgeous images of various props that my sister has sourced for her upcoming wedding in June. If you missed my first post about it, click here. To re-cap, her wedding has a vintage, travel theme which has been reflected in the invitations and will also be apparent in lots of small details in the decor. When I was over in Australia over Christmas, I helped her to source the most amazing vintage suitcase from a huge second-hand/ junk shop that we spent a fair amount of time trawling through in search of treasures. I love the garland of fabric flowers she has attached to the handle and the letters representing her and her fiancee's first name initials.


These little love birds will add a touch of sparkle and whimsy.


Here is a shot of her stunning sapphire engagement ring, flanked with diamonds on both sides. It is shown inside a tiny vintage hymn book which she found at an antiques market. They plan to adapt it by cutting out a section of the inside so it can be used as the Ring Bearer vessel in which both their wedding rings will be presented during the ceremony.



I won't share anymore for now as the rest of the visual eye candy will all be revealed on the big day. I will definitely share pictures of the event here afterwards. I am so excited for this wedding! Can't wait to see everything come together. Now I just need to keep everything crossed that my little baby decides to come on time and not exactly a week late or I will miss the whole thing while I'm in hospital giving birth!!

All images by Jo Bostock.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails