Tuesday 9 November 2010

life lately



So sorry for the silence, I promise normal blogging will resume soon. Lots has been going on lately, and I seem have been on a non-intended hiatus from the computer. I've been on something of a book reading binge which may go some way to explaining it, as when I've got my head stuck in a good book I can concentrate on very little else (I actually walk around the house reading it while I'm doing other stuff and cooking the dinner etc.). Geeky, I know. I always forget just how much I love reading until I go through one of these phases, and literally devour one book after another. It feels good to disconnect from the online world sometimes.

One book I particularly enjoyed was Her Fearful Symmetry, the latest by Audrey Niffeneger, author of The Time Travellers Wife. I also re-read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, which is one of my favourite ever books (not forgetting the Chronicles of Narnia). I actually can't recommend it enough, the story telling is phenomenal and it includes all of my favourite literary ingredients- a compelling mystery, grand old country house, family, love, secrets and history.


In other news I spent Sunday on a major shopping binge. One of the best things about being a stylist is that I get given a clothing allowance by my boss each season to spend on new clothes as looking the part is obviously fairly crucial. It felt so amazing to actually walk in to clothes shops and be able to pick things out that I genuinely loved instead of hovering over the sales rack and worrying about how much they cost and if we can really afford it (erm, usually not). I still haven't got over how expensive clothes over here in New Zealand are compared to the UK!

I'll leave you with this exceptionally tasty, quick and easy recipe that I made for dinner the other night. Thanks for sharing Kate!

1 comment:

the runaway romantique said...

I wow lovely books! I love reading Audrey Niffeneger. You have such a lovely blog I had to say hello :) Maybe we could follow each other!

- the runaway

Related Posts with Thumbnails