Friday 26 February 2010

pretty near perfection



I came across this image today on one of my favourite blogs decor8 and the decorating style has completely captivated me. It is the work of the talented interior designer Jan Eleni, and you can click over to decor8 to see a larger size version of it there. I'm always looking for inspiration and filing away interiors inspiration ready for the day when this little family will have a home to call our very own. (We do of course have a home now, but it's just a rented one so it doesn't ever really feel like ours).

This image encapsulates all the elements of rooms that I love; high ceilings, lots of windows to bring light in, white walls to provide a blank canvas, a wooden floor, flashes of colour and print- here the door and curtain, an eclectic mix of furniture and objects- how brilliant is that pink chair! The wooden table is also beautiful and almost brings the outside in. Hanging an empty ornate frame on the wall is another simple but striking idea. Oh and one last thing, the display of circular wire objects on the far wall is genius.

Right, I think I can call it a day with all the waxing lyrical about it now. Just needed to get that out of my system.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, I'd say this is perfection. Divine.

Mila said...

ooh wow, perfection indeed!

<3
Mila.

Related Posts with Thumbnails