Tuesday 7 April 2009

portobello market



We made a family trip out of our leafy south west London suburb to go to colourful and crazy Portobello Market on Saturday. The sunshine came out, along with half of the city and a large handful of tourists but despite the crowds the atmosphere was happy and I was in the mood to spend (though reined in by my meagre budget of £10!)


I don't go to the Notting Hill area very often these days (venturing into central London with a baby in tow requires a lot of patience) but I really like the vibe of Portobello. It's a cool blend of vintage and modern, bohemia and money, with an eclectic mix of people from hipsters to antique dealers. The graffiti in the photo above was at the top of a brick building on Portobello Road, right opposite these famous candy coloured terraced houses. I fell in love with these the first time I ever saw them and still harbour dreams of buying one should I win the lottery anytime soon...



So I managed to part with my budget without too much trouble and in return updated my accessory collection with these pretties. The heart shaped glasses really don't suit me at all but I love them for their pure kitsch factor! The vintage plastic rose bracelet was a bargain and was definitely calling out my name so who was I to deny it a new home :)

2 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

I LOVE those houses too, and that bracelet is just too pretty :) Happy Easter for the weekend. Catherine

Samantha said...

I want a pair of heart shaped sunglasses so bad! They'd probably look awful on me, but it would so be worth it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails